John D. O’Bryant Scholarship Opportunity
Each year, RMSC is able to offer scholarships to high school seniors that have been accepted into an accredited college, university or higher learning institution.
Awards are issued based on financial need or academic merit. Scholarship Funds have been made available through our partnership with the Boston Foundation and the generous donation of the Ruby Emerson Fund and Harold T. Peabody Memorial Fund.
An applicant must be a graduating high school student of color from:
- An accredited high school
- Preparatory school
- Board of Education certified home study
- General Equivalency Diploma program
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university.
- Present evidence of financial need with an academic standing of C (2.0) or better.
- Have an academic standing of “A” or better for academic-merit based scholarship.
- Be a United States Citizen or legal resident.
- Reside within the geographic boundaries of the City of Boston (note: preference will be given to students living in the RMSC service delivery areas of Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan and Jamaica Plain).
An application will be considered incomplete or ineligible for award consideration if all required information is not received by the postmarked date of June 30, 2016.
You can download the Scholarship Application below:
John D. O’Bryant Scholarship Opportunity Application – Word Document
John D. O’Bryant Scholarship Opportunity Application – PDF Format
For more information, please email us at [email protected]